Jun 13, 2012

Supernatural Fun!

Did a commission for a friend of a Co-worker. It was really fun, especially since it involved one of my favorite TV shows, SUPERNATURAL. Initially she requested a t-shirt, button up shirt and jackets for the characters Sam & Dean. She had found a couple of Ken dolls that could pass for them.

I was able to find a vintage Ken jacket that passed for Sam's coat so I didn't have to make that, but I did send it to her. Then came the task of scouring thrift stores for just the right material in the right scale to be Sam & Dean worthy.
Vintage Ken Coat
Sam Winchester Found Coat
Once I had all of that rounded up, she let me know that she had also picked up a couple of GI Joe figures that she was going to use as John Winchester and Bobby Singer. So I then began searching for just the right materials for that too. I really enjoy the hunt :D

All said and done, I made the following items for this commission:
Sam- 1 Button up shirt & 1 t-shirt
Dean- 1 Button up shirt, 1 t-shirt, and faux leather coat
John- 1 Button up shirt, 1 t-shirt & jacket
Bobby- 1 Button up shirt, 1 t-shirt & a ball cap.
Bobby's Ball Cap John Winchester: t-shirt, button up shirt, & coat
Bobby: Button up shirt & t-shirt Dean: t-shirt, button up shirt & Coat


Pictures Below were provided by the client.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun project!!! I love it! and LOL... omg, who is the Bobby doll? I had no idea there was even such a doll out there XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bobby doll is a GI Joe whose hair and beard was white to begin with but she "dyed" it brown. lol

      Delete