Jun 26, 2012

Hunting for Great Finds

One of the things that I do to save $$ in this hobby, is to search for anything that I can find that I can use for my girls in a variety of places. I check the obvious places like retail store toy aisles, etsy, DoA marketplace, etc. But I have also found many cool things at thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales. I am going to post a couple of those things today and as I find more "Great Finds" I will add them as well. My husband, myself and my kids often go thrifting together. One of our latest adventures resulted in this find that was spotted by my hubby and youngest daughter. It is a New in the Box 2004 National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention: We are Family collectible chair. It was a steal at only $2!


Sometimes I even find things in places that you might not think to look. For instance, in the picture below Kira is wearing a cute sweater and hat. These were both found in the Christmas aisle at Meijer, a retail store. The sweater's original purpose was a wine bottle cover and the hat was a tree ornament. I found them after Christmas for 75% off. So the sweater was around $3 and the hat was about $1.50. Not a bad deal.

Kira enjoying the Christmas snow

1 comment: