Apr 8, 2014

Tut Test Tuesday - Photo Editing

After preparing stock for Shuto Con I am a bit burnt out from sewing so today's Tut test will be a photo editing Tutorial.

I often don't use a fancy camera, just my cell phone iPhone 4s. So most of my dolly pics aren't the best. This tutorial from Y-n-Y on deviantart was pretty simple to follow. I made different adjustments but use the same steps.

In the end the results were not that bad considering I started with a cell phone pic. I think my favorite part of the tutorial was using the dodge tool on the eyes. This really made them POP!

This tutorial is done using Photoshop.
  1. Go to Image-->Adjustments-->Match Color and play with the luminance and color intensity.
    I put my luminance at 120 and my color intensity at 105
  2. Brighten the eyes with the dodge tool on the highlights
  3. Go to Image-->Adjustments-->Brightness/Contrast
    I put my Brightness at -7 because my pic had some really bright spots. And my contrast at 40
  4. Go to Image-->Adjustments-->Selective Color
    Since my pic had a lot of black like the sample pic I set colors to "blacks", I then played around with the sliders as suggested and settled on Cyan +10, Magenta +2, Yellow -12, Black +15
  5. Lastly I applied Sharpen and Reduce Noise filters
Here is the end result:



3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial... although it's totally weird... your end picture looks more yellow than the starting one, even though you reduced yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this lovely post.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete