Mar 27, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

As a little girl, one of the things that my Dad loved to do in the spring and summer was to frequent garage and yard sales, auctions and swap meets. I loved to go with him. It was always an adventure and you never knew what treasures you might find along the way. This habit followed me into adulthood and is enjoyed by my children and husband as well. As a family we often go thrifting at the local thrift stores.

Being a mother and bjd collector on a tight budget I'm always on the look out for things that I can use for my dolls without spending a small fortune. I have several doll rooms for my bjds that are filled with thrifted finds. I'll be sharing more about my doll rooms in later posts, but today for thrifty Thursday, I'd like to share with you all my most recent find. After dinner out with my family, we went to one of the local Volunteers of America. I found this cute little CD holder that will make a great locker/closet for my MSD boys who will be sharing a room. At only $1.51 plus sales tax, it was a steal!


The boys weren't around, so here is Vivian doing her best Vanna White impression to show the scale of the locker.



I decided that on it's own it was a bit to short. Vivian is quite a bit shorter than the boys. So I grabbed one of my other thirfted items and placed it under the locker and voila, Just right!



I may try to find something a little taller to place under the locker but for now this solution will work. Hope you enjoyed this find.

No comments:

Post a Comment